You can connect to StarVPN servers using the OpenVPN open source software on your Windows 10 operating system.
Step1 – Register an account with StarVPN
Head on over to our pricing plan options and choose a VPN plan that suits your needs. You can register on checkout or directly here.
Step 2 – VPN Login Information
Log into the StarVPN member dashboard here. You can find your VPN username and password for each slot in the Manage Slots Section or dashboard area.
If you have multiple slots, the VPN configuration settings and credentials can be located in the “Manage Slots” section
Step 3 – Choose your IP Type
Choose the type of IP you want to connect to. Options include – Static Residential, Mobile, Rotating or Datacenter. Once the selection is made, choose the Country, Region and ISP respective to the IP Type category you wish to connect to.
Step 4 – Download OpenVPN Configuration Files
The next step, you must download the VPN server configuration files necessary so that the OpenVPN Software knows where to connect to. Download the configuration file in the members area dashboard. This will be the only config file required to connect to all VPN access points.
Step 5 – Download the OpenVPN Software
Open up your browser and download the latest stable, open source, OpenVPN client GUI software here. This version of software is compatible with versions off Windows Vista up to Windows 8.1.
Step 6 – Install Software
Open the link to the downloaded file and begin the software installation procedure. Click Next, follow the on screen instructions.
Step 7 – Configure OpenVPN application
Now that you have properly installed OpenVPN on your Windows computer and downloaded the ovpn configuration file, its time to configure the application.
- Start by double clicking the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop
- You should now see the OpenVPN service running in the tray iocn by the bottom far right of your screen
- Right click the OpenVPN tray icon then select “Import file”
- Search for the .ovpn files that you downloaded in step 4 and double click to import it
Step 8 – Connect to the VPN Server
Now that you have properly installed the application and configured OpenVPN – its time to connect to the VPN server.
- Right Click the OpenVPN tray icon on the bottom right of your screen
- Select the StarVPN server you wish to connect to
- Click “Connect“
- Enter your StarVPN Username and Password to connect to the VPN server
- Once you are connected you will see the connected icon on the bottom right of your icon tray
Login to the StarVPN dashbard to configure your IP Type, Geo-location and ISP. No additional configuration files are required.